Grey Ekphulia Sambalpuri Ikat Cotton Saree with running blouse piece
Please select all options.
Size and Fit : 6.20meter Saree +Blouse
Fabric : Cotton
Colour : Grey
Wash Care: Hand wash using mild detergent, without chemicals or bleach, use hot steam iron to maintain texture of the fabric
- Grey Cotton Sambalpuri Saree
- handmade Sambalpuri Ikat Saree
- Running cotton Blouse Piece
- The model is wearing a blouse from our stylist's collection, see the image for the actual blouse would look like
- Product Color May vary slightly due to camera lighting sources and display colour on laptop/mobile
Odisha Ikat is a kind of Ikat, a resist dyeing technique, originating from Indian state of Odisha. Also known as 'Bandha of Odisha'. Bandha can be defined as "A length of systematically arranged yarn, dyed according to a preconceived design in such a manner so as to enable a weaver to portray the design when the yarn is converted to a fabric through the process of weaving". A notable feature in this Ikat is that it depicts the same colourful design motif on both its front and back. No additional yarn is required to produce this effect.
Sonepur, also known as Subarnapur, is a town and district in the Indian state of Odisha. Sonepur is famous for silk handloom. Bomkai Sari also known as Sonepuri Sari which is wknown for it's design and shine. Cotton sarees are also made here.