Black Tussar Silk Sambalpuri Saree with Pasapalli woven motifs and running blouse piece
Please select all options.
Size and Fit : 6.30meter saree (saree+blouse)
Fabric : Tussar Ghicha Silk
Colour : Black
Wash Care: Dry Clean
- Black Tussar Ghicha Silk Saree
- Pasapalli woven motifs
- handmade Sambalpuri Ikat Saree
- Red Blouse piece
- The model is wearing a blouse from our stylist's collection, see the image for the actual blouse would look like
- Note :There might be little colour variation between the actual colour of the product and the image shown on screen due to photography effect
- Odisha Ikat is a kind of Ikat, a resist dyeing technique, originating from Indian state of Odisha. Also known as 'Bandha of Odisha'. Bandha can be defined as "A length of systematically arranged yarn, dyed according to a preconceived design in such a manner so as to enable a weaver to portray the design when the yarn is converted to a fabric through the process of weaving". A notable feature in this Ikat is that it depicts the same colourful design motif on both its front and back. No additional yarn is required to produce this effect.
Tussar Silk is more textured than mulberry silk. The dull natural texture works as a suitable fabric for painting, embroidery and also hand block motifs. The fabric is also cooler than the other silk varieties and is a lot more porous for which Tussar Saree is widely accepted in India as well as other warmer parts of the world. This is also known as Kosa Silk. It is valued for its rich texture, natural colour and comfort wear.