Grey Odisha Ikat Cotton Saree with cotton Sambalpuri ikat blouse piece
Please select all options.
Size and Fit : 5.40meter saree+0.80meter blouse piece
Fabric : Cotton
Colour : Grey
Wash Care: Hand wash using mild detergent, without chemicals or bleach, use hot steam iron to maintain texture of the fabric
- Grey Cotton Sambalpuri Saree
- handwoven Odisha Ikat Saree
- Mix Match Sambalpuri ikat cotton blouse Piece
- The model is wearing a blouse from our stylist's collection, see the image for the actual blouse would look like
- Product Color May vary slightly due to camera lighting sources and display colour on laptop/mobile
Odisha Ikat is a kind of Ikat, a resist dyeing technique, originating from Indian state of Odisha. Also known as 'Bandha of Odisha'. Bandha can be defined as "A length of systematically arranged yarn, dyed according to a preconceived design in such a manner so as to enable a weaver to portray the design when the yarn is converted to a fabric through the process of weaving". A notable feature in this Ikat is that it depicts the same colourful design motif on both its front and back. No additional yarn is required to produce this effect.
A cluster of very talented weavers and national awardees, Nupatna is located in Cuttack district of Odisha, about 70 kilometres from Bhubaneswar. Nuapatna is famous for Khandua Silk & Cotton and Ikat Sarees