Multi Coloured Odisha Sambalpuri Khandua Silk Saree
Please select all options.
Size and Fit : 6.20meter(saree+Blouse)
Fabric : Silk
Colour : MultiColour
- Maroon Sambalpuri Silk Saree
- Sambalpuri Ikat border & Pallu.
- Butterfly Sambalpuri woven ikat motifs
- Handwoven Saree
- Black Blouse with woven butas
- The model is wearing a blouse from our stylist's collection, No Blouse in this saree
Odisha Ikat is a kind of Ikat, a resist dyeing technique, originating from Indian state of Odisha. Also known as 'Bandha of Odisha'. Bandha can be defined as "A length of systematically arranged yarn, dyed according to a preconceived design in such a manner so as to enable a weaver to portray the design when the yarn is converted to a fabric through the process of weaving". A notable feature in this Ikat is that it depicts the same colourful design motif on both its front and back. No additional yarn is required to produce this effect.
Khandua Silk sarees are made in Nuapatna village of Cuttack district in the state of Odisha.