Red Cotton wide border Odisha Ikat saree with cotton Sambalpuri ikat blouse piece
Please select all options.
Size and Fit : 5.38meter saree +0.80meter blouse piece
Fabric : Cotton
Colour : Red
Wash Care: Hand wash using mild detergent, without chemicals or bleach
- RedCotton Odisha Ikat Saree
- handwoven Saree with wide border
- woven boat design in the body
- Mix Match Sambalpuri Blouse Piece
- Note :There might be little colour variation between the actual colour of the product and the image shown on screen due to photography effect
Odisha Ikat is a kind of Ikat, a resist dyeing technique, originating from Indian state of Odisha. Also known as 'Bandha of Odisha'. Bandha can be defined as "A length of systematically arranged yarn, dyed according to a preconceived design in such a manner so as to enable a weaver to portray the design when the yarn is converted to a fabric through the process of weaving". A notable feature in this Ikat is that it depicts the same colourful design motif on both its front and back. No additional yarn is required to produce this effect.
A cluster of very talented weavers and national awardees, Nupatna is located in Cuttack district of Odisha, about 70 kilometres from Bhubaneswar. Nuapatna is famous for Khandua Silk & Cotton and Ikat Sarees